These are unusual and challenging times – I never imagined upon taking the helm of SIPS in January, that I’d be leading the organisation through an unprecedented peace-time national crisis; I’m blessed that with the support of an incredible team we’re extremely robust, resilient and well equipped to respond to the issues at large whilst being responsible corporate citizens within our communities.
I wanted to take the opportunity to let you know what we’re doing in response and in support of you – our owners:
- As far as practicable, we’re adhering to the ever-changing public health guidelines to protect our staff and their families, and the pupils and staff in schools.
- Non-essential face to face training has been cancelled and we’re reducing the amount of contact music tuition; we’re currently piloting ‘virtual’ music classes.
- SIPS HQ, Guardian House currently remains open and we’re testing our IT and telephony infrastructure so we can work ‘virtually’ as and when required.
- Essential front-line delivery in schools, such as catering and critical IT infrastructure work will continue whilst education settings remain open.
- We’re planning to ensure that children benefitting from a free school meal will be catered for in the event of imposed school closures; Children are at the centre of SIPS, and we’ll prioritise these activities during the acutest of times.
- We have an open communication channel with Sandwell Council, and will co-ordinate our efforts with theirs.
We expect that social media, as well as our website will be a significant channel for sharing information over the coming weeks, and I’d ask you to sign-up to our various outlets for ease of staying in touch.
Facebook: SIPS Education Ltd
LinkedIn: SIPS Education Ltd
I do hope that you, your teams and families are managing to remain stoic during these difficult times; SIPS is an extension of your school – and we aim to be as responsive as we’re responsibly able to during adversity. If you have any concerns or if we can help in any way, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your continued support.